CLICK HERE if you are going to set up an account or already have an account with Pivot.
CLICK HERE if you are on one of Fogler Library's computers and plan to search Pivot, but do not want an account.
1. Create an account in Pivot in order to save searches and receive alerts when new opportunities are added that match your search criteria.
2. Use Advanced Search to find funding opportunities that match who you are as a grantseeker.
3. Essential fields to complete: Keyword, Requirements, Funding Type
Definitions of terms in Pivot can be found here.
1. Click on Advanced Search & Filters to find foundations that provide funding in your project area. Advanced Search allows you to set parameters that align with who you are as a grantseeker and what kinds of projects you seek to fund.
2. Essential fields to complete: Subject Area and Geographic Focus. In the Geographic Focus field, include both Maine and United States. Choosing United States will include projects that focus their giving beyond one state alone.
3. Click on Additional Filters and complete Support Strategy.
4. Still not sure if Subject Area quite met your goals? You can use natural language searching in the Keyword field, by entering terms that are specific to your area of interest (e.g., arts education, citizen science, etc.), and/or for the community or social focus of your project (e.g., arts education AND disaster relief)
Note: University of Maine faculty and staff considering foundation funding are encouraged to contact the University of Maine Foundation to discuss any relationships that may already be in place with funders.
Additionally, Kate Walters, the proposal manager in the Office of Research Administration, is available for questions regarding requests for proposals or solicitations you would like help navigating.
5729 Fogler Library · University of Maine · Orono, ME 04469-5729 ; (207) 581-1673